Monthly Journal Writing – July Journal Prompts
Have you ever heard of a journal challenge? Journaling has so many different benefits and many counselors/therapists will encourage their clients to utilize a journal. Being an addictions counselor for over 25 years I have encouraged many people to start their healing process through the use of a journal. One of the issues that would arise is people often didn’t know where to start and would end up looking at a blank page. This is where journal prompts can help a person get started with the process of journaling.
What Are Journal Prompts?
Journal prompts are questions or statements that are designed to inspire you or offer you an idea of what to write about. They are a great way for you to start the journaling process. These self-awareness questions or statements are used as a guide when you are not sure what to write about. When used daily they help you develop the habit of journaling.
Supplies Needed For The July Journal Prompts
You will need a pen or pencil. I like using a variety of different colored pens and fine tip markers. You will also need a journal book — a notebook of any kind will also work. Lastly you will need a copy of the questions that you are going to be responding to.
July Journal Prompts
- Today I feel…….
- What is your priority for next week?
- Are you always truthful with others when they ask for your opinion? Why? Or Why not?
- What are 10 things that cause you to be happy?
- What advice do you need to give yourself today?
- Make a list of expectations you have of your friends.
- Go over your list from question 7 and put a check mark on any that may be unrealistic. What makes it (them) unrealistic?
- If you could travel anywhere that you haven’t been before, where would it be?
- What change would you most like to make for your health? Explain.
- Do you ever lie, so someone will like you? If so, what are some of the lies that you have told?
- What is the hardest thing that you have ever done?
- What “lights” you up?
- If you could master one instrument which would it be?
- Share three positive thoughts
- Write a letter to someone that you need to forgive.
- Write about something that you want to remember.
- What stresses you out? What can you do to reduce this stress?
- Would you rather live by the beach or in the mountains?
- How have you changed in the last 5 years?
- What does happiness mean to you?
- Are there people whose behavior or mannerisms you try to copy? If so, who do you try to copy, in what ways, and why?
- Your ideal pamper routine is……?
- Where do you feel the most safe?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- What would you most like to do for someone else if you had the money and time?
- If I won the lottery I would…?
- What makes you a good friend?
- If you could have any view from your back porch what would it be?
- Who is your favorite Disney Character, and why?
- List 50 things that you are grateful for?
- What were your highs and lows this month?
An additional component to journaling that I encourage my clients to do is to end each journal entry with a statement of gratitude. I have been practicing this in my personal journal for over 25 years now and it has made a dramatic positive effect on my life. When I focus my thoughts on what it is that I am grateful for in my life I tend to live my life looking for things that I am grateful for. Even in my hardest days I have been able to find gratitude. It has been such a blessing for my physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health. You can find additional gratitude exercises here — 9 Gratitude Activities.
I want to encourage you to participate in this challenge. It doesn’t require a lot of time. Try and commit 5-10 minutes a day to reflect and respond to the questions being asked. There are no right or wrong answers. This exercise is for you and it never has to be shared with anyone – unless you choose to share it.
Additional Journal Plans
Here are more journal prompt plans:
Are you interested in learning more about enriching your mental health by the process of journaling?
Are you participating in the July journal prompts challenge? Do you regularly journal? What have you found as a benefit (s) to journaling in your own life? I would love to hear from you.
Be blessed 💞💞💞
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please share it with your friends on your social media 💞💞💞